Diamonds are forever, but synthetic or altered diamonds are flooding the market. Diamonds can be laser drilled, fracture filed, and can even be man-made. To be sure you are getting what you paid for and that it will hold its value, you should buy a GIA certified diamonds.
What are GIA certified diamonds?
All of Randor Jewellery’s diamonds are certified by the GIA (Gemological Institute of America), the world’s oldest, largest, and most respected independent laboratories. The GIA laboratory evaluates and grades a variety of diamonds and stones, and for each evaluation a corresponding certificate is produced. The certificate lists not only the clarity, colour, cut, and carat weight but also information about the diamonds fluorescence, as well as if it has been altered (clarity or colour enhanced) or synthesized.
What are the benefits of buying diamonds with GIA certification?
- Universally recognized credentials. The GIA laboratory uses universal units of measurement and standards to grade diamonds. The grading system they use is recognized by jewellers globally.
- Official statement. The certificate is an official statement on the quality of the diamond. The certificate provides a detailed description of the status of the diamond.
- Protects the consumer. The certification provides an impartial, independent evaluation of the diamond.
- Saves time. With a GIA certificate, there is no need for the consumer to scurry from one jeweller to another for diamond appraisal.
- Eliminates fraud. With today’s advanced technology, the average person will not be able to tell the difference between an altered or natural diamond. The GIA certification will state if it is a synthetic or enhanced diamond.
For more information on diamond certification and grading, contact Randor Jewellery today. 416.847.1067